Frequently Asked Questions
When is the campground opening?
Dunes Harbor is now open!
How will refunds be handled if my reservation takes place during a current or future Stay Home order?
We will communicate with guests by email and our website. Deposits made on reservations can be moved to a future stay, we will issue a full refund, or you might consider donating part of your deposit to support Grace Adventures, the ministry of which Dunes Harbor is a part.
Are the bathhouses open?
Our bathhouses are open for guests to use and are regularly sanitized.
Are there any special policies in place at check-in?
Upon arrival, all Dunes Harbor guests will be required to complete a health screening for all members of their party to ensure they are not exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19. Guests will also be required to sign a COVID-19 waiver and liability form.
Are guests required to wear a mask?
According to MI Executive Order 2020-147 businesses that are open to the public are required to have every staff and guest wear a mask. Dunes Harbor Family Camp is a private campground. As such, masks are encouraged and welcomed but not required.
Is the pool and playground open?
The pool (50% of capacity), playground, sandbox, swings, volleyball (bring your own ball), and basketball (bring your own ball) courts will be open. The Ga-Ga Pit and 9-Square will remain closed. We hope to open many more activities as the season progresses and new guidance from national, state, and local authorities is available.
What activities will be offered?
At this time we will be offering pony rides, horseback trail rides, private family wagon rides, movie nights, nature hikes, pool trivia and more. Participants are encouraged to keep social distancing during activities.
Are visitors allowed in the park?
Day visitors are allowed in the campground. All visitors must check-in at the Welcome Center, pay the day rate, and do a self-health screening before entering.
Where can I find an RV rental with a bathroom?
Are the Sand Dunes open?
Visit Michigan.gov/dnr for the most up to date information on the dunes.
Health & Safety Protocols
We continue to implement a number of practices to maintain and extend our safety protocols for guests and our staff:
- We are monitoring federal, state, and local information related to COVID-19
- We are providing ongoing training for staff
- Symptom screening and procedures for staff and guests
- If a guest is experiencing signs and symptoms of COVID-19 at any time during the duration of their stay, they will be asked to leave the park, along with the rest of their group.
- Posting content regarding recommended handwashing procedures in restrooms, breakrooms, offices, and common areas to increase awareness of simple prevention methods
- Increased cycles and procedures for frequent cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas including bathhouses, camp store, and rental cabins/RVs
- Use of CDC recommended cleaning supplies and disinfectants throughout our facility
- Adjustment of staff schedules and working arrangements, where necessary, to support social distancing practices
Dunes Harbor Cancellation Policy:
Any cancellation made 10 or more days before the reservation will be assessed a $10 processing fee and the remainder of the deposit will be returned. Any cancellation within 10 days of the reservation will forfeit their deposit. If at any time a government directive impacts the dates of your stay be assured that we will help you find an alternative date for your reservation or we will provide a full refund.
Grace Adventures COVID-19 Statement: https://graceadventures.org/coronavirus
Further information on the virus and preventative steps that should be taken can be found on the following websites.
CDC general site: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/
MDHHS general site: https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus
District Health Department #10: https://www.dhd10.org/coronavirus/