Frequently Asked Questions
When is the campground opening?
Dunes Harbor opens for the 2022 season on May 12, 2022. Reservations for next year begin on November 1, 2021.
Are the bathhouses open?
Our bathhouses are open for guests to use and are regularly sanitized.
Are there any special policies in place at check-in?
Upon arrival, all Dunes Harbor guests will be required to complete a health screening for all members of their party to ensure they are not exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19. Guests will also be required to sign a COVID-19 waiver and liability form.
Are guests required to wear a mask?
With the Rescission of Emergency Orders that took place on June 22, masks are no longer required while indoors.
Due to the nature of camping and the structure of DHFC for the most part, the wearing of masks is at the discretion of the guests.
Are activity sites open?
All of our activity sites are open. When mixing with members from other sites, masks are encouraged per CDC recommendation.
What activities will be offered?
At this time we will be offering pony rides, horseback trail rides, private family wagon rides, movie nights, nature hikes, pool trivia and more. Participants are encouraged to keep social distancing during activities.
Are visitors allowed in the park?
Day visitors are allowed in the campground if they are visiting a current guest. All visitors must check-in at the Welcome Center, pay the day rate, and do a self-health screening before entering.
Where can I find an RV rental with a bathroom?
Are the Sand Dunes open?
The Silver Lake Sand Dunes are open. Visit Michigan.gov/dnr for the most up to date information on the dunes.
Health & Safety Protocols
We continue to implement a number of practices to maintain and extend our safety protocols for guests and our staff:
- We are monitoring federal, state, and local information related to COVID-19
- We are providing ongoing training for staff
- Symptom screening and procedures for staff and guests
- If a guest is experiencing signs and symptoms of COVID-19 at any time during the duration of their stay, they will be asked to leave the park, along with the rest of their group.
- Information is posted regarding recommended handwashing procedures in restrooms, breakrooms, offices, and common areas to increase awareness of simple prevention methods.
- Increased cycles and procedures for frequent cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas including bathhouses, camp store, and rental cabins/RVs
- Use of CDC recommended cleaning supplies and disinfectants throughout our facility
- Adjustment of staff schedules and working arrangements, where necessary, to support social distancing practices
Dunes Harbor Cancellation Policy:
A 10-day cancellation notice is required prior to scheduled day of arrival. A $25.00 cancellation fee is taken on acceptable cancellations. Cancellations and dropped nights within 10 days of scheduled stay will result in loss of deposit. There are no refunds for early departures. A reservation can be moved to a later date if there is availability at no charge, unless changed within 10 days of scheduled arrival. Changes within 10 days of arrival will result in a $10 reservation change fee.
Grace Adventures COVID-19 Statement: https://graceadventures.org/coronavirus
Further information on the virus and preventative steps that should be taken can be found on the following websites.
CDC general site: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/
MDHHS general site: https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus
District Health Department #10: https://www.dhd10.org/coronavirus/