Frequently Asked Questions
When is the campground opening?
Dunes Harbor is now open!
Are the bathhouses open?
Our bathhouses are open for guests to use and are regularly sanitized.
Are there any special policies in place at check-in?
Upon arrival, all Dunes Harbor guests will be required to complete a health screening for all members of their party to ensure they are not exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19. Guests will also be required to sign a COVID-19 waiver and liability form.
Are guests required to wear a mask?
As the MDHHS Gatherings and Face Masks Orders change so will the face mask requirements that we are required to follow. Do to the nature of camping and the structure of DHFC for the most part, the wearing of masks is at the discretion of the guests. At this time masks are required when inside of our Camp Store and Welcome Center. Certain program activities may require mask wearing as well.
Are activity sites open?
All of our activity sites are open. When mixing with members from other sites, masks are encouraged per CDC recommendation.
What activities will be offered?
At this time we will be offering pony rides, horseback trail rides, private family wagon rides, movie nights, nature hikes, pool trivia and more. Participants are encouraged to keep social distancing during activities.
Are visitors allowed in the park?
Day visitors are allowed in the campground. All visitors must check-in at the Welcome Center, pay the day rate, and do a self-health screening before entering.
Where can I find an RV rental with a bathroom?
Are the Sand Dunes open?
The Silver Lake Sand Dunes are open. Visit Michigan.gov/dnr for the most up to date information on the dunes.
Health & Safety Protocols
We continue to implement a number of practices to maintain and extend our safety protocols for guests and our staff:
- We are monitoring federal, state, and local information related to COVID-19
- We are providing ongoing training for staff
- Symptom screening and procedures for staff and guests
- If a guest is experiencing signs and symptoms of COVID-19 at any time during the duration of their stay, they will be asked to leave the park, along with the rest of their group.
- Information is posted regarding recommended handwashing procedures in restrooms, breakrooms, offices, and common areas to increase awareness of simple prevention methods.
- Increased cycles and procedures for frequent cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas including bathhouses, camp store, and rental cabins/RVs
- Use of CDC recommended cleaning supplies and disinfectants throughout our facility
- Adjustment of staff schedules and working arrangements, where necessary, to support social distancing practices
Dunes Harbor Cancellation Policy:
Any cancellation made 10 or more days before the reservation will be assessed a $10 processing fee and the remainder of the deposit will be returned. Any cancellation within 10 days of the reservation will forfeit their deposit. If at any time a government directive impacts the dates of your stay be assured that we will help you find an alternative date for your reservation or we will provide a full refund.
Grace Adventures COVID-19 Statement: https://graceadventures.org/coronavirus
Further information on the virus and preventative steps that should be taken can be found on the following websites.
CDC general site: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/
MDHHS general site: https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus
District Health Department #10: https://www.dhd10.org/coronavirus/